Saturday, December 1, 2007

Hope all my friends are doing well....

Nothing much to update. I am still on the wound vac and will be for at least another week or so. Maybe by Christmas I can finally be un-hooked for good from this thing. The good news...my incision started as 11cm long, 8cm wide and 11cm deep is now 7cm long, 4cm wide and 4cm deep. God is good to allow me to heal this fast.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Brenda, her mom and sister tore up every mall and outlet center between Asheville, Charlotte and Greenville. Austin, my nephew and I went to Carolina Motorsport Park for a little motorcycle track action. We detoured a bit to drop in on my uncle Jerrey in Lexington. It was my first time back on the race track since Road Atlanta in the Spring. I did have a little lowside on Saturday in oil, coolant or sand in turn 2. Nothing major and I am thankful I was able to walk away and ride for the rest of the day.

On the way home on Sunday, we stopped at my brothers house for lunch. It was great spending some time with my family that I do not get to see very often.

On Monday I had a tooth pulled. For the last few years we have been fighting to keep tooth 31, lower right back molar, after 2 root canals and 2 crowns...it had finally had enough. After some pain meds on Monday afternoon, I did very well and feel fine right now.

As well look outside, the weather is changing, most all leaves have fallen and Winter is just around the corner. Christmas is coming. Take time always to remember the Reason for the Season, I know we are all swamped with things to do this time of year, I can relate, but without my savior Jesus Christ, Christmas would not exhist. Is he your Savior? If you died right now, do you know where you will spend eternity?

I hope all my fellow fighters and survivors are doing well. I do ask that you remember Michele, she had a rough time with chemo this week, round 6 for her. Susie took her last chemo on Friday, I hope and pray as you start radiation that your body continues to heal and rid itself of this terriable beast.

Believe,

Kevin

5 comments:

Michele said...

Thanks for the prayer request. I am hanging in there. I was wondering how you were doing. Don't make us wait so long between posts:)
Michele

Anonymous said...

This is really great news Kevin! As you already know your in our thoughts and prayers but it looks like we need to add some folks to the prayer list. Our Brothers/Sisters fighting this same good fight, may God also bless them with his healing hands. Keep us posted and let that light shine as a beacon to others that they may yet have hope! God Bless...

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

Hope you're feeling well today.

Robert

Michele said...

How are you doing??? Chemo went very well for me this week.
Michele

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to catch up Kevin...glad to hear you're doing well despite losing tooth #31 :)

Hugs!!
Michelle