Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hope

What a word. For many years, I used it without ever considering the FULL meaning of the word. I am so thankful I still have hope and the desire to continue attacking this disease with everything I have got. As my fellow fighters know, treatment can sometimes get harder, and that is the cold hard facts of chemo. I just want to say round 8 was my best yet! Thank you Jesus for allowing that to happen. We are both so blessed.

On Friday, we did discuss options when my cycle is over. It looks like I am gonna switch to the oral version of 5FU with an infusion of Avastin every 2 weeks for 6 months or so. Onc wants my mets to be as small as possible before RFA. I am not looking forward to more chemo, but I know that is my road to recovery.

Vacation update....just a little bit of good news. Vacation Express has issued us a large credit to our credit card for all the issues we experienced in Cancun. It is so nice to see customer service still alive and working.

We cannot say it enough, thanks for all the prayers, calls, email, cards, etc. Both of us know, I am still in a battle for my life. Yes progress is being made, but I have along way to go. I have put 100% of my Faith in God for complete healing. To all my friends and fighters, keep up the fight and never throw in the towel.

Believe,

Kevin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev,

Just a note to let you know that I love you much and hope that you have brighter and more fulfilled days ahead!

I am so glad to know you got reimbursed for the lack of customer service.

Forever Free...
Kat

My Grandkids Eema said...

God Bless, Kevin. You and Brenda remain in our prayers.

Michele said...

Hey, I was wondering how you were doing, don't go so long without an update:) Our vacation is coming up soon, hope we have better luck than you guys did.
You should post some new pics. Maybe I missed them. We would all love to see some Cancun pics.
Take care and SEE Y0U SOON!
Michele

Anonymous said...

Kevin & Brenda,
It's great that you guys got some satisfaction out of customer service about your vacation. Good to hear there is some decent customer service left. Also glad to hear things are going well! I wish you the best and we are still praying for you. Jake has made extreme changes! and you guys are under God's wings. He's making miracles out of ya'll. I hope you have better days to come.
Kelly Baldwin