Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Well Lookie here......

Last night was another step forward....I actually played in my 1st softball game in 9 months!!! I cannot describe the feeling of stepping out on the field and to have my wife there to witness my excitement was amazing. God is so good to me...allowing me to do something I thought would take a few years to get back too....My performance wasnt that great, I did go 1-4 with 2 RBI's, but for the 1st time seeing live pitches in nearly a year...I will take that.

Last Friday, Michele and her family stopped by on their way to the beach. Thanks guys for the gifts and the visit. I feel like we are part of the same family. Enjoy your vacation, ALL of you deserve it. I cant wait until we can get to spend some more time together.

I am meeting more and more people affected by cancer on a daily basis. I ask that you PRAY for a cure to rid us of this terrible disease. I do have a special prayer request, I have a scan on May 28th to see the progress, read-destruction of the spots left in my liver. Please join with us in this prayer.

Thanks for stopping by.

Believe,

Kevin

2 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

V-Man,

I read about your journey on Colon Club and visited your blog-my Dad,(58) is in almost the same exact position as you it sounds. He is also on his 12th round of chemo. He has done really well with the chemo treatments and we are hoping that his scans on the 29th are also promising. Especially for total destruction to the cancer in his liver. He has had a couple scans during the 12 rounds and they have shown shrinkage of about 60%. He has not had any surgery and we are hoping that it will be possible.
I truly believe that we are being lifted up by God and all of his saints. I will pray for you and hope that your scans are encouraging. Keep positive these next couple weeks and enjoy feeling good after your chemo ride.

See ya. Take care,

Kaitlyn Bright
Lincoln, Nebraska

Anonymous said...

Vman, I just started reading your blog. I plan to read the entire thing, but I just wanted to post here that you are correct -- God gets ALL of the glory for the progress we have made thus far! I wonder if it's possible to start a small group for Christians? I wouldn't even know how to try. I think we should all continue to post on Colon Club and any other boards we belong to. My personal favorite is colorectalk, but it would be great to have a place where we could share our excitement, lift each other up, etc.

Pam