Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back to the beginning....

I have been having some abdominal pains for the last few months. The Docs have sent me to have my bladder scanned and nothing was seen. They followed that up with a flex sigmoidoscopy. Kinda like a colonoscopy just no sedation or as far inside.

A growth of abnormal skin was seen and a sample was taken. The GI doc said it did not look like cancer.....

Last Friday, we got the results...it is cancer, joy, joy......

So what is the next step? Brenda and I are going to Linberger Cancer center in Chapel-Hill for a consultation there on September 25th. We both feel this is my best bet for long term survival.

I am gonna push for as much of this cancer to be removed from my body. There are other options which we will explore as well. Please remember us as we make decisions that will effect the rest of our lives.

Believe,

Kevin

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, I admire you so much for praising God in everything. My mentality is a lot like yours. We don't understand why these things happen to us, but I guess we don't need to. God knows the master plan for our lives! Hey, if you're not a candidate for a liver resection, be sure to look ingo Sir-Spheres at www.sirtex.com. I'm sure you know that is what I am in the midst of right now, and BradyR has had Sir-Spheres as well. Might I also ask that you link up somehow with Suzanne Lindley. She has had stage IV colorectal cancer for 10 years now and has had basically every treatment out there! She is a very active, vital woman who does a lot of lobbying, mentoring, etc. She has been a tremendous help to me.

Michele said...

We are praying that your appt goes well. I would love to come back and visit you both. I will wait and see what they decide before I make any plans.
Love,
Michele

My Grandkids Eema said...

My love and prayers are with you and Brenda. Keep the faith.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,
I hate to hear that you have fight this devil again. Rest easy in the knowledge that we are all keeping you and Brenda in our thoughts and prayers.
GaryG

Anonymous said...

Kevin & Brenda,
Sorry to here about your bad news. We are all praying that your appointment in Chapel Hill goes well. Good Luck and have a safe journey! We all know your strength and faith will keep you going! Your in our prayers!
Kelly Baldwin

Anonymous said...

Kevin, We are and will be praying for you and Brenda as you go to Chapel Hill. We pray the doctor there will be able to find out what your pain problem is and what needs to be done about the cancer cells which were found. Remember Son, God is still in charge and we know He can heal you according to His will. We love you, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

Good Luck to you and Brenda on this new/old fight. My prayers will be with you.

DO3

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

Worried about you, we have not seen any post in some time. God Bless
BMWpatti