Saturday, November 1, 2008

A new update

A lot has happened in the last few months, I really dont know where to start.

Brenda, her sister, nephew and her boyfriend headed to FL for a little bit of rr 3 weeks ago. I was not able to eat on Saturday, it felt like my stomach was full all the time.

On Sunday, I had some appetite meds called into Fl from Cancer Center here. They did not help. Brenda checked me into Cocoa Beach Hospital. DX was dehydration and naseua. I was given fluid and meds. They released me to take the cruise.

On Monday we boarded the boat and left for the Carribbean. All week I was still unable to eat.....my stomach felt it was full all the time. Most everything I ate or drank I threw up.

By Thursday I was a basket case. Friday when we got off the ship, we call Cancer Center and was told to double time it back to NC.

After an 11 hour drive, we pulled into the house and I was rushed to the ER. I was admitted right off the bat. No tests could be done due to my body condition. On Sunday, I had a ct scan, Monday a MRI, xray Tuesday and Wednesday.

With 5 docs on my team, none could pinpoint what was going on. Finally my surgeon and the radiologist got in sync. It seemed my colon was blocked with scan tissue. So I met with the surgeon on Thursday and was scheduled for emergency surgery on Friday the 24th.

Once opened up, several blockages were found and corrected. It was a 5hr surgery about the same as the last one. I was finally sent home last night and now I recovering at home.

I think God for the doc's getting together, that blockage was some of the worst pain I have ever experienced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin,
Glad to hear that you're home and feeling some better. Hope that things continue on the good side.
Fight hard.

GaryG