Friday, February 15, 2008

Round 6 today

Well I am home from round 6 now. This one, Brenda and I both were kinda dreading. You just get to feeling "normal" and wham, back to the treatment room. I know that the chemo is what will help rid my body of all the cancer cells, it just seems to not be getting any easier.

Last week i was able to work on my trackbike for a bit. This is the longest I have been without riding any at all. That is due to my belly wound. Any pressure or stress to that area will prevent it from healing. Today at my wound therapy visit, my opening is about 5mm around. My Doc believes it will be completly closed sometime next week. Then the 4 week countdown to Avastin is on. I know God has allowed me to heal quickly.

I have many prayer requests this week:

I havent spoke much about my parents at all. But I know they read my blog and I want them to know, even though there are a few miles between us, both of you are never far from our thoughts and always in my prayers. My dad, my hero and major inspiration in this world is having a few health that really need our prayers. Remember my mom also, she needs strength to continue to care for my dad. I love you guys!

Michele took round 11 on Monday, I can only imagine what that much chemo in her system is like. I know she is recovering this week. Her Onc has stoped her treatment with this one. The end of chemo is a scary thought, kinda like a security blanket so to speak. I am always praying for your comfort my friend.

Bradyr's CEA level is rising. He will be starting chemo back soon. A mix of FOLFIR will be his new drugs to be administered. Brady is a HUGE help and inspiration over at the Colon Club. Keep up the fight my friend.

I have met so many people fighting this disease. All need your prayers and I can never remember all the names. I pray everyday for a cure. I know it is possible and I do believe someday there will be one.

Brenda is having a rough time this week. Please whisper a prayer for her. I cannot imagine what her having to watch this being done to a spouse, I have no idea how to relate or how to help comfort her....

Attack Life and Believe,

Kevin

3 comments:

Michele said...

To Brenda, I can't imagine how hard it is to watch Kevin go thru this. My husband has been so wonderful but he has days when he is down about all of it. It must be hard for you to watch someone you love be so sick. Scott often feels helpless when I am really sick but his presence is all I need to get through it. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.
Michele

My Grandkids Eema said...

Brenda and Kevin,
You are both in my prayers. We have never met but we are kin and that makes ya'll extra special to me. Brenda, hang in there, Kevin needs you. And Kevin, you hang in there, too, cause Brenda needs you. I love you both.
Just remember, God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.
Pat

Anonymous said...

V Man and Brenda,
I will pray for you both that God gives you the strength to do what needs to be done. You do not know me yet I am a good friend of Michele, I got to your blog from hers. Just remember the reason you got married and hopefully that will help you get through this.
I will pray for you both,
On this earth it is not meant for us to know why , yet to bless someone on our way through our trials.
twylia