Friday, February 1, 2008

Posting from the chemo room...

Well this will be a first...posting while taking my chemo. Yep I am setting here undergoing round 5 of a scheduled 12. My prayer is that this one goes well. I give thanks to Jesus again for the last one not being to bad.

I am kinda bummed....yes I know I have said that a few times. This weekend is really tough for me. A good friend of mine passed away on June 17th of last year. Glen "Elvis" Breaux I met through the R1-Forum. Less than 36 hours after we said our "see you at next years convention", my friend had passed. This weekend will be the Elvis Memorial Trackday at Jennings GP in Florida. Alot of my hooligan friends will be making the drive to remember Elvis, doing what he loved to do, socializing and rippin' up the track...... I miss you my friend.....


On the good news front, Jake seems to be improving. Thanks so much for the prayers that have been sent. I have had a wonderful week, energy levels very high, my belly wound is down to 0.9 cm by 0.7 cm. From my wound therapy Doc, and I quote "amazing". He has even cleared me to go on vacation end of the month. Brenda and I will be heading to Cancun Mexico for a few days.....

Crossfire Ministries will be leaving for Nicaragua tomorrow, please remember them as they will be witnessing and playing softball and basketball, many miles from home. I was asked to make this trip with them, but there was no way I could be gone for 10 days and miss a treatment right now. I will be going next year.

Thanks so much for the comments and the prayers, Brenda and I would not have made it this far without God's help. He is so good to us. Please continue to pray for us. I am still seeking His guidance on what He wants me do do. I am nothing but a willing vessel, just wanted to be used for ANY purpose God has for me.

To all my friends and Fighters, Brenda and I pray for you everyday. Keep the faith, attack LIFE!

Believe,

Kevin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro,

Your words continue to inspire me. God Bless you in your journey and I know he will fulfill your calling.

Love,

Sis

Michele said...

Sorry about your friend, I assume it was unexpected?
I love hearing about all your future plans, that's good to know you are looking ahead like me. That's one small thing that keeps me going, things to look forward to.
See you in 3 months!
Michele

Anonymous said...

Kevin, Just want to let you know we continue to lift you up to the Lord.We pray each and every day that God will do something real special in your life with this cancer.We have you on our personal prayer list and also threw out our family chain from Maryland,Virginia,the Carolinas,Georgia,Florida,Alabama. These are the states I know of my family probably have past them on to other states also.So my friend keep that head up because you are going to win this battle.Your Brother and Sister-in-Christ David and Lynn Baldwin and Joey,Deidra and Elwood Sampson