Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just more info...

I hope all my family and friends are doing well, thanks for stopping by. Everything is well in Casa de Vman. Chemo is still taking its toll on my energy, mind and body every 2 weeks, but God is still allowing me to do many things most cancer SURVIVORS do not do.

You may have noticed I used the word "survivor". I am already a survivor. I BELIVE in my heart God has more work for me to do on this Earth. I am just, no wait....WE are just going through a little trial....please continue to remember Brenda and I as we are battling this disease on a day to day basis.

There are some awesome new chemo drugs coming down the pike in the next few years. please pray for their continued success in trials and a speedy FDA approval. One that is showing a 95% stabilization rate.....Some great news for CC!!!!!!

Lots of prayer requests:

I just found out tonight my friend Michele has 2 spots that showed up on her brain. I know this is a shock after being NED for nearly 6 months.... The doc DOES NOT believe it is cancer....but still a serious condition....

Patti at our church is facing the start of her colon cancer journey, she was just DX last week.

Continue to remember The Clifton Family with the loss of Chad. I still miss you more than words can say. I know you would not trade what you are experiencing now for nothing...... I just know you are watching over me and I hear your voice somedays as clearly as your are right beside me.

There are many people at the Colon Club needing prayer. Some dealing with bad news, deaths of loved ones, bad scans, chemo not working, etc.

Remember me next Friday, I will be having a CT scan to see the progress of the new chemo. Please pray for total destruction of the nodules in my lungs so I can be cleared for a liver resection.

Before I end this post....can I ask you all a question....

Do you know Jesus as your personal Savior? If not...dont wait...none of us are guaranteed anudder day on this Earth.

Believe,

Kevin

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Kevin, I had to come over here and look after reading your comment to my post about my CT scan results. After I saw your blog I realized I had visited it before and remembered that you are a Christian. Praise God! I plan to read some more of your blog tomorrow when my eyes aren't burning. I've had a few crying jags today and my phone has been ringing nonstop. I'm sure you know how that is. You are an awesome guy!

My Grandkids Eema said...

Kevin, I believe you have more scans today (the 25th). You and Brenda are in my prayers. will be anxiously awaiting good results. Keep the faith.
Your distant cousin,
Pat