Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Another day......

The chemo hit me REAL hard yesterday afternoon. I was so worn out. I made it 3 hours at work before I needed a nap. I have talked to people taking chemo and they say no treatment is exactly the same. The few days after, I dont know which Vman is gonna wake up, the one ready to take on the world or the one who can barely make it to the shower....but both are ALIVE!!!!!

While sipping cold liquids now my lips tingle, just a start of the neuropathy that may or may not get worse. It can include numbness in my hands and feet. I am doing a few things to prevent those symptoms including B6 and Glutamine powder. I was still able to drink them, it was better with a straw. The 1st bite syndrome is still there, really with everything I eat now.

Today, I worked about 6 hours and started eating well again. I still have a bit of nasuea, and may have to start taking the meds, it looks like I may need them, lol. Last night, we went to bed at 8:45 and I slept till right at 9am today, I am sure that was what allowed me to make it at work today.....along with all the prayers. Life is GOOD! Tomorrow I hope to make it all day with my Saviors help.....I have so much to do...new ads....new banners...stop the insanity...

Everyday I thank God for giving me health and life. Yes I said HEALTH!!!! Even with all the tests, prods, pokes, opperations.....I still am alive! What I am experiencing is a drop in the bucket to what Jesus went through. As long as I have breath, I will Praise Him for what he has done for me......

This is something I have posted on a few message boards...call it Vman's points to ponder:

"I urge each one of you to take a look deep inside yourselves. Are you living for the moment at hand? Or are you focusing on what tomorrow, next week, next year may bring? There is NOT one of us that is guaranteed another breath. This trial has made me take a long hard look at what I focused my energy on. Little things have a whole new meaning to me. Dont let a major event in your life make you do a check on what is important. Do that before anything happens. I cannot change the past, I cannot predict the future. But I can make every second today count!"


Thanks for dropping by and I enjoy your comments.

Keep fighting this fight, one day I KNOW there will be a cure!

Believe,

Kevin

2 comments:

My Grandkids Eema said...

Bless your heart Kevin. You WILL win the battle. God is so good all the time.
Love ya,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith and trust God for every minute of every day! May God wrap you in His loving care and continue to place His healing hand on you. We love you and are praying for you and Brenda daily.

Mom