Friday, October 19, 2007

Chemo round 2

Hello all! I hope this post finds my friends well!

Today was my 2nd chemo, it still seems hard to say that word...chemo..... Something I am getting more and more familiar with every day. I am constantly doing more and more reading of what drugs are available, how they work and what I may experience.

Todays treatment was a bit shorter, maybe 4.5 hours or so. Still watching the drugs enter my body is un nerving. I KNOW they are doing good, but it doesent make the process any easier. I keep visualizing what the medicine is doing to the METS in my liver...sometimes I believe I can actually hear them scream in pain as their blood flow is cut off.

I was actually able to eat very well tonight, had a craving for some red meat and Fatz Cafe answered the call...one ribeye and fries to go. MMMmmmm good....its amazing now only eating beef every other week or so...it used to be a major staple of my diet.

And another shocking thing...I actually drank cold drinks tonight! On one of the chemo drugs, I am not supposed to be able to do that until Tuesday. Last treatment I tried it on Sunday and was able to have cold liquids. The only side effect I am having is what I call "1st bite syndrome". Some of the foods I eat cause the muscle contractions in my throat. I am combating that by taking very small bites to start with on anything I eat.

I am still planning on being in Birmingham, Alabama for a track day on November 10th. I am so ready to be riding my motorcycle on the track again. It is my high on this earth, just another way to give cancer a black eye!

I continue to praise my Savior, Jesus Christ for all he has done for Brenda and I. There is still a plan in our life for this trial. I do have a good idea, but I know the full plan will be revealed to me in HIS time, not mine.

To my fellow FIGHTERS- I pray for you every day. We are in the battle together and if I can help in any way, please let me know.

Thanks again for all the prayers and do drop by and say hello!

Believe,

Kevin

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hope you did well over the weekend.
Thinking of you,
Michele

Jerry Wells said...

We hope that round two has gone very well! We think of you often and pray for you everyday. Love you. Jerry & Kathy