Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Gotta love infections.

Yep, infections. It seems I have been taping gauze over my incision site for a year. Well it has been over 2 months. Yards of tape and piles of gauze, stop the insanity!

With the results of last weeks CT scan, my surgeon wanted to see me yesterday. Evidently there was a pocket of infection deep within my right side abdomen. I was now faced with a choice......wait out the healing or an out patient surgery to clean out the junk...Hummmm tough choice...

Needless to say, it was back to the OR today for a short procedure. Rolled into the OR room at 3:30pm and rolled out at 4:10pm. The sad part, I was there from 12 noon to after 5:30pm. An incision was made following my surgery incision from August 20th. I cannot tell exactly how long, it is still covered. My abdomed was "scraped" out so to speak and packed with antibiotics. I go on Thursday to the wound center to have a wound vac installed. It will pump out all the puss from inside to speed healing.

Chemo has officially been put on hold until I am fully healed. I am not upset at all, just a little frustrated. I still keep telling myself that God has a Master plan and He KNOWS 100% what HE is doing.....

My faith is still strong and I still have that wonderful peace in my heart. Brenda and I are doing well, I know it is so hard for her to see me in the constant condition of getting cut, poked, prodded, etc. I can not imagine what that feels like. Please keep Brenda in your prayers, she is my strength in this world and I love my wife.

I have cancelled the Barber track day for next weekend to allow my abdomen to heal. Track days require alot of moving from side to side and the more time I have to get better, the sooner I can be back up to speed. I did sign up for a 2 day event at Carolina Motorsport Park the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving. I should be ready to go by then. CMP is located close to my brothers place and I will be dropping by. Love to see some of my family at the track as well...hint, hint....

Keep up the FIGHT my fellow SURVIVORS!

Believe,

Kevin

4 comments:

Kat said...

I am so glad that you have the Varner gut instinct to know when something is just not right. Keep pushing your medical team. They don't know everything. You know your body better than anyone. Your Lord & Master will guide you through this difficult time. Thanks for being you.

Anonymous said...

Kevin & Brenda,
Thank you for telling me about your BLOG. I have never read a BLOG before, didn't really know what it was. Call me computer saavy! Stop laughing. Anyway, I wanted you to be reminded once again, as with every comment on every page, and everyone else. You are so very loved, so prayed for, so encouraged. This fighting spirit that you have will carry you through.

God doesn't always do things we can even begin to understand, but they are all 100% perfect, all 100% right. HE will use you as a witness in this time and HE will strengthen you.

I love you both so much, Glenda

Anonymous said...

Stay tough my Busa Brother. The Lord works in mysterious ways. More prayers sent. May God keep you both strong.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there brother. You know our thoughts and prayers are with you and Brenda each and every day.

Dan