Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Godspeed my friend....

With a heavy heart, I cant believe what I have to type.....

Today Chad Clifton went home to be with the Lord. He never recovered from a heart attack and stroke he suffered last night.

People have asked me how I learned to ride the curves so well. The answer is Chad. I have been working with him for several years at various tracks on the East Coast. He taught me so much in such a short time span.......

The skills you have taught me I promise will be shared with as many folks as I can. You will be missed deeply, but what you have blessed me with will live on......

I have my memories of many phone calls, visits, track sessions, plus the skills he taught me are priceless.

A tribute to you Chad. You may have beat me home, but I will see you again someday.

I have a chemo treatment this Friday and I have been asked to be a pallbearer. Brenda and I will be making the trip to the Atlanta area while on chemo.








6 comments:

Michele said...

I am so very sorry. I have no other words. What a tragedy.

My Grandkids Eema said...

I'm so sorry Kevin. God be with you and with you and Brenda as you travel to Atlanta.

Kristin said...

I am sorry to hear about Chad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Brenda and his family.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,
I'm sorry about Chad. May God be with you as you travel. My prayers are with you!
Kelly Baldwin

Anonymous said...

Kevin, We are so sorry about the loss of your dear friend! May God make this chemo treatment as easy one and may He give you traveling mercies to Atlanta.

Love and miss you,

Mom

Michele said...

Please keep us posted on how you are dealing with this. We are all worried about you and of course praying for Chad's family.