Thursday, January 24, 2008

Attack Life!

1st let me explain the last post. Me and a good friend, Kevin also know as KWcomp, were talking on a message board yesterday. He was ribbing me in a good natured way about my long posts. Being the comedian that I am, I just had to have a bit-o-fun. Well my bro, the last one was just for you, you are a VERY special friend and I cherish it greatly. Now strap yourself in.....this one may take awhile.

Life?

What does it mean?

To some it may mean just living day to day. Taking no thought to day to day activities, duties, jobs, time spent with friends or a spouse, etc.

Being an athlete, I have followed powerful sports figures. Adversary can come from many things, opponents on the field, personal problems, weather, lots of things. Most people that are exposed to cancer in any way have at least heard of Lance Armstrong. Not really being a cyclist fan, Lance I knew about, but I really payed attention after I heard of his bout with cancer. Keep in mind this was many years before my DX.......

Most folks already know where I am headed. Lance fought and won a battle that many are fighting right now, at this very moment. Battling almost odds that would make even the loosest bookie think twice. In 1997, the Lance Armstrong Foundation was founded to help patients, caregivers and anyone else affected by cancer.

Back a month or so ago, I ordered a LiveSTRONG Suvivorship notebook. Free from the LAF just for asking. The 1st page is a letter written by Lance.

"If there is one thing cancer has taught me, it's that we are stronger than we think. When times get tough, we find a way through. When we think we've had all we can take, we find the will to go on. When you believe in your strength and know how to tap into it, you LiveSTRONG. It's about trusting your strength will be there for you to fight cancer, to race, to love, to take risks, to dream.

If you are a cancer survivor, you know what I am talking about. Every day, you have a choice to LiveSTRONG. Every day, you decide how to spend your time and energy-who you will be with, what you will do, and what you need to feel good about yourself. Living strong means being true to yourself. Living strong is whatever you want it to be; it is personal. It may change day to day."

Lance goes on to say,

"We hope that through information and knowledge we can help people not only survive, but thrive. It is one thing to live, but another to live strong, to attack the day and attack your life with a whole new attitude. Before cancer I just lived, now I LiveSTRONG."

Now comes my challenge.....

Do you have to have cancer to LiveSTRONG?

NO!!!!!!

Attack you life everyday with a whole new attitude. Make your dreams a reality. Live your life to the fullest now. That is the choice Brenda and I have made. Will you make it today?

God still continues to bless us both. The wound in my abdomen is maybe 1cm now, so tiny that the stuff we have to put in there doesn't wanna stay. Hopefully in a few weeks, it will heal totally. My energy and strength are growing better each day.

As soon as this heals, I hope to resume playing softball with Crossfire Ministries. God has blessed this overweight, ex-football player with a little athletic ability and I will continue to use that for His glory. I am planning on playing a few games in a lower division...dont know if I am ready for 120mph softballs being hit at my head, lol.

Please continue to remember all my friends I have made that are fighting this terrible disease, Michele, Bradyr, Susie and many more. You all and never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers.

Keep fighting.

Believe,

Kevin

1 comment:

Michele said...

Great post. Always look forward to your inspiring messages.
Thinking of you,
Michele;