Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Really had a great week

So far this week, everything has been going well. It did take a few extra days to get over the last chemo treatment, it really kicked my butt.

I have been able to work full days both Monday and today. Thanks so much for the prayers, I know that is what has allowed me to do that, I cannot do this on my own.

I was putting my chemo schedule on the calender last week and I got severely depressed. I am down for a treatment the weekend of a large motorcycle rally I help organize every year. The Spring Busa Bash started as a small group of hooligans coming together to ride some of the greatest roads on the East Coast. It has grown to over 70 last Spring and this year should be the biggest yet...and I may not be there. Bummed I am.

My health is the most important thing to Brenda and I. We both know there are things we did in the past that now we just might miss out on. I still CHOOSE to keep my head helt high and continue to fight.

I have always asked for God to us my DX as a way to help others and He is continuing to open doors every time I turn around. Last week, I had no idea where I was going to eat and God led me to Huddle House. I even felt the urge to sit at a booth behind two women.

As I was reading my paper, I could not help but overhear, one was just DX'ed with a form of inoperable cancer. It had spread through her chest, neck and brain. Her only form of treatment is 7 chemo session and that is all. I was able to share my Faith with her that God has given me. As I continued to talk, her eyes continued to get brighter and I saw what I have seen in a few cancer survivors...... I really cannot explain it, to me it is a mix of Hope, Fight, and the Belief that they are going to beat this disease.

As we were talking, I ever asked if she had ever accept Jesus as her personal Savior and her answer was yes. She was so thankful that I stepped out of my little box to reach out to someone that just received such devastating news. We ended our talk with a long hug and a few tears. I even gave her my LIVE[b]STRONG[/b] bracelet to wear as she begins her treatment.

I believe this meeting was not by chance, it was arranged by that still small voice. If you are saved, take time and listen. What is God saying to you?

This meeting blessed me more that I could have ever imagined. I was on cloud 9 all of last week. That you God for allowing me to be your willing vessel.

This week, there are many prayer requests. Remember Michele she had a rough chemo yesterday(I can relate!), the end of chemo road is near for you my friend. Keep your head up...

Bradyr had a tumor in his brain and is scheduled for surgery soon. He is an inspiration to alot of folks over at The Colon Club, me included.

I am sure there are more that are fighting this disease, be it Survivor, caregiver or relative. Keep fighting and BELIEVE!

Kevin

1 comment:

Michele said...

Happy to report I'm feeling better, just very tired. You continue to be an inspiration. My sister emailed me and said she was so grateful for your kindness and prayers for me.
Thinking of you,
Michele