Monday, January 7, 2008

Back on the CHEMO train!

Yep I was finally cleared to resume treatment on Friday and there was even room to get me in at 11:30am. I could start back with FOLFOX but no Avastin until 6 weeks after my belly wound has healed.

So this weekend I spent in the recliner, it seemed to be more draining, energy wise than the 1st two treatments. Anyhoo, I am awake, alert, and most importantly ALIVE! I thank God for giving me another day.

I have posted over at the Colon Club about a CT I had done last Wednesday. I have been having some lower abdominal pain, about where your leg meets your hips, maybe groin area on the left side. I was terrified of another tumor there. I went in for the test and noting was seen there...the good news. The bad...I now have mets in my lungs and the mets in my liver have grown and multiplier. With no chemo since October, some growth was expected.

This really lit a fire with my wound therapy and my onc teams. They put their heads together and agreed chemo...NOW!!!! I am thankful for the pain sending my to the Doc, without, I would still be off chemo.

Now comes Vman's words of wisdom for the first blog entry in 2008.

Choice- think about that word for a few minutes. Every day we are all faced with choices. Be it where we are going to eat, what movie we are going to see or how we are going to handle an important life decision.

Some choices are easy and some...well difficult to say the least. Today I choose to live my life to the fullest. Yes I know what I carry in my body is serious. I choose to continue this battle for my life and NEVER give up. And today I choose, "For me and my house, we will serve the Lord".

Brenda and I still ask for your prayers, I have been knocked around a bit last week. I am back on my feet, still in the ring, and still FIGHTING!!!

For the rest of you out there fighting a battle, be it cancer or something else- Choose today to win that fight. We pray for each of you every day.

Believe,

Kevin

3 comments:

Michele said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement on your blog, I'm really having a bad day. Needed some inspiration...
Michele

My Grandkids Eema said...

Love ya, Kevin. Our prayers continue for you and Brenda.

Unknown said...

Thank you for all of your words of encouragement Kevin. Glad to hear treatments have resumed and as always, you are in my prayers :)

Michelle